I work at a rather large place with hundreds of PCs and only a handful of OSX machines. Luckily, I happen to be one of the few OSX people.
We use Entourage, which is Microsoft’s wanna-be Outlook app for OSX, along with Exchange for all our e-mail needs. Normally things work without a hitch, however recently a few people using Entourage started experiencing some oddities.
What started happening:
- Inbox will not sync. At all. A quick check to the webmail interface shows all the mail is there.
- Other folders such as Deleted Items, Spam, Drafts synce without issues.
- E-mail can be sent without errors.
- No errors, warnings, dialogs, etc shown.
- Other users with the exact same config experienced no problems.
After doing some quick research there is a quick fix:
- Right click the Inbox Folder (in your Exchange account) and choose “Folder Properties”.
- Locate the “Empty Cache” section in the middle of the window.
- Click the “Empty” button.
That’s it. It will take a few minutes to resycn but once it is done things should be back to normal. Since this has only happened – randomly – to a few users I’m still not sure what caused/causes it.
Now if only Entourage wasn’t so terrible.