Ticket #1622 was opened just 2 weeks ago by jjj and was based on the bbPress Genesis Extend plugin I had thrown together to fix a few issues with Genesis. After a week of tossing the patches back and forth with jjj, we ended up with solid fix and he committed it just in time for rc5.
If you want to see the guts of the patch look no further than bbp-includes/bbp-extend-genesis.php. Quick breakdown of the patch:
- Fixes issue with bbPress pages not loading due to customized Genesis archive settings
- Removes post info & meta from bbPress pages
- Removes Genesis breadcrumbs from bbPress pages
- Removes Genesis author boxes from bbPress pages
- Removes pagination from bbPress pages
- By default, uses a full width layout across all bbPress pages
The last fix is really nice as it allows you to make sure a set layout is used across all your bbPress pages. Before this fix it was quite the task to get a consistent layout. The best thing is, thanks to jjj, it is completely filterable. So while, by default, bbPress uses the full-width-layout it can be easily changed using the bbp_genesis_force_full_content_width filter.
If you are using bbPress with Genesis and run into any issues, be sure and let me know in the bbPress forums or in #bbpress!